Cloud Database Administrator and Modeler (NoSQL)
We’re looking for a Cloud Database Administrator and Modeler who is motivated to create and maintain state of the art information systems across a variety of applications. We want a driven professional who is creative yet logical, who can work cross-functionally with software and data backend teams, as well as security teams. This is an autonomous role, so if you’re a self-starter who views this type of work as a craft rather than a job, we want to speak to you!
What will this role do? What do you need to succeed?
- In-depth understanding of database design, clustering, T-SQL, and related programming languages.
- Collaborate with backend teams on feature development (i.e., help with data modeling cross-functionally).
- Be the link between the backend and the data team. Help to coordinate code and release promotions through environments (i.e., plan, plan, plan, execute).
- Experience with Cosmos DB or other document database technologies.
- Experience with SQL databases on-premises or in Azure.
- Experience with database backup/restore patterns, replication, and disaster recovery.
- Experience with data cataloging, setting security protocols, and access control (e.g., familiarity with Azure AD).
- Familiarity with popular ETL patterns, data lake organization, and data lakehouse architectures.
- Experience with general Azure administration, e.g., resource provisioning.
- Work with lead backend engineers and data architects to build core OLTP models and design interfaces and contracts for the data engineers and beyond (i.e., warehouse team).
- Design and oversee unit, regression, and integration testing in the source systems (e.g., data validation).
- Manages and maintains databases across all environments to meet best-practices to ensure optimal performance and uptime.
Superpowers we are looking for!
- SQL & NoSQL expertise.
- Azure experience.
- Background in database management or data engineering.
Extras that are awesome but not required!
- Insurance or finance industry subject matter expertise.
- Strong communication skills.
- Involvement in application development or software project management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and domains at one time.
- Degree in computer science, data management, MIS, or related field.
What’s in it for you!
Coterie has excellent perks and benefits for all full-time employees.
- 100% remote.
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100% of premiums).
- Dental and vision insurance through Guardian (we pay 100% of premiums).
- Basic life insurance (we pay 100% of premiums).
- Access to flexible spending account (FSA) or health savings account (HSA) (for those using HSA eligible plans).
- 401K plan (up 4% match with immediate vest).
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays: New Year’s Day, Independence Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Continuing education stipend.
- Perks/discounts plan access via Access Perks.
- A culture with a deep belief in intentionality, inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
- Formalized, universal mentorship via Coterie Core-Coaching program.
- The salary range for this position is estimated between 80,000-100,000 based on national data. Above midpoint considerations may be considered for candidates meeting all minimum requirements and/or extra experiences listed in the job description. Salary is based on internal equity; internal salary ranges; market data/ranges; applicant’s skills; prior relevant experience; degrees or certifications, etc.
Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Dr, Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.
Coterie is a business insurance startup that distributes flexible-term policies on our website and partner platforms. We value integrity, humility, passion, and intelligence. If you want to push yourself, promote social good, and re-shape a $200B+ market, we’re excited to talk to you.