Policyholder Success Specialist
We’re looking for a Policyholder Success Specialist who is passionate about delivering efficient and accurate service and has experience in the commercial insurance space. We need someone who can deliver world-class customer service experiences while enhancing and improving customer account retention.
- Tuesday-Saturday 8:00am-5:00pmPST/10:00am-7:00pmCST/11:00am-8:00pmEST.
- Holiday coverage will be needed and will be compensated at time and half pay.
- Training will be Monday-Friday for the first 12 weeks and then schedules will adjust to the shift confirmed above.
What will the Policyholder Success Specialist do?
- You will be the primary point of contact for new and existing clients and policyholders
- You’ll answer coverage questions, completing interactions via chat, email and phones and acting as voice of the customer internally representing the customer's needs
- This role will include building relationships with clients and serving as their advocate by becoming a trusted adviser and leveraging learnings from key accounts to drive value at scale to our broader client base
- Serving as a liaison between agency experience, payment success, underwriting, marketing, insurance product, sales, and technology teams, you will coordinate cross-functionally to maximize overall customer account health
- You’ll also work to ensure customer satisfaction by anticipating customer needs and helping stakeholders achieve success through various products. It is this customer-focused, service-based mentality that we expect to drive every interaction from initial inquiry through account renewal with a constant eye toward identifying the best possible policy and risk practice for our customers
- Monitor customer health and proactively address potential issues to minimize churn
- Analyze customer data to identify trends and areas for operational improvement
- Develop, maintain, and manage strong relationships with customers to understand their needs and provide guidance and support making recommendations for improvement when necessary
- Adhere to all state laws and regulations regarding insurance agents (licensing, continuing education etc.)
- Adhere to all internal service level agreements to customer inquiries and escalate as needed
- Take advantage of personal and professional development opportunities such as continuing education, professional designations, and in-house training
Superpowers we are looking for!
- You have B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in customer success, account management, or a related field
- You hold a Property & Casualty Producer license in your home state and are open to pursuing licensing in all states within 90 days of hire
- Bilingual - fluent in speaking Spanish is a plus!
- Knowledge of commercial insurance and compliance requirements
- You’re a self-starter, passionate about creating simpler internal insurance operations procedures
- Expertise with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel, SharePoint, Power Automate
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, responsive to time-sensitive customer inquiries
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make decisions under pressure
- Ability to analyze customer data and identify trends
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Extras that are awesome but not required!
- CISR or CIC designations
- Salesforce experience
- Insurtech experience
What to expect!
Our hiring process generally consists of 3 phases.
- Phase 1: Qualified candidates will first meet with HR for a phone interview. This discussion is a high-level conversation to understand more about your background and interests and for us to share more about Coterie and the position.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates will then meet our Hiring Manager for the 2nd interview via Teams video. This interview is designed to be more detail oriented and allows you to learn more about the role
- Phase 3: Top candidates will receive an invite for our final interview series via Teams video. This series will include an experiential exercise project (provided in advance), 1:1 interviews with selected team members and a culture focused interview. The final series is roughly 1.5-3 hours in total but can be scheduled over a few days for flexibility.
What’s in it for you!
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees. We offer the following:
- 100% remote.
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100% of premiums).
- Dental and vision insurance through Guardian (we pay 100% of premiums).
- Basic life insurance (we pay 100% of premiums).
- Access to flexible spending account (FSA) or health savings account (HSA) (for those using HSA eligible plans).
- 401K plan (up 4% match with immediate vest).
- Unlimited PTO and company paid holidays. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including paid holidays: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Independence Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events. If working on a company paid holiday, we will at pay time and half.
- Continuing education stipend.
- Perks/discounts plan access via Access Perks.
- A culture with a deep belief in intentionality, inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
- Formalized, universal mentorship via Coterie Core-Coaching program.
- The annual salary for this position is 65,000 (31.25/hr) based on national data. Salary is based on internal equity; internal salary ranges; market data/ranges; applicant’s skills; prior relevant experience; degrees or certifications, etc.
About Coterie Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Dr, Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.
Coterie is a business insurance startup that distributes flexible-term policies on our website and partner platforms. We value integrity, humility, passion, and intelligence. If you want to push yourself, promote social good, and re-shape a $200B+ market, we’re excited to talk to you.